My Life List

I'm a list person, no doubt about it. But really I didn't start thinking about a Life List until my friend K said she was compiling a list of things she wanted to get done in 2007. She kept suggesting I do the same. Fast forward to me sitting down and frantically scribbling everything I've ever wanted to do. I tried to include some easy and some hard. Some that would take days, others that would take years. This is my life on a list. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

# 4- Find my journals

Task completed: Jan. 14, 2007

Yay! I accomplished the first task on what seems a never-ending list. This one has been bugging me for some time. I couldn't track down what I knew were five items, all likely stashed in the same place. It's really just a matter of me not unpacking all my boxes every time I move, and having moved three times in the last 18 months. The boxes thing was so pressing, in fact, it has made it onto the list, somewhere down at the bottom.

Anyway, I went into the basement, and found a stash of boxes, most labelled "Nat Geos" tucked in a corner. Opening them all I found my painting/art supplies, the junk I used to keep in my night table, a bunch of books I thought I had lost, the stuff I used to keep in my desk in Fredericton, and 'lo and behold... my stash of journals! It was awesome! Unfortunately, I didn't put anything I found in the other boxes away. Rather I repacked them and hoped that I would move again before I needed anything in them.

I restarted my journals too, after rereading all my previous entries. It was great. And frankly the sense of accomplishment - both in finding them and checking something off this list - was great.

Yay me!

No comments: