My Life List

I'm a list person, no doubt about it. But really I didn't start thinking about a Life List until my friend K said she was compiling a list of things she wanted to get done in 2007. She kept suggesting I do the same. Fast forward to me sitting down and frantically scribbling everything I've ever wanted to do. I tried to include some easy and some hard. Some that would take days, others that would take years. This is my life on a list. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

#65 Make soup for someone sick

Task completed: Jan. 17, 2007

So, my boyfriend was pretty sick last week. He actually went away to Ottawa and picked up a nasty bout of the flu. It just goes to show you that getting a flu shot (as I did, but he did not) really pays. He was sniffly and snotty, and achy and cylcing between the chills and overheating. I was fine as can be.

Anyway, on Monday, when he got back home I really didn't think he was sick, I just thought he was feeling the effects from his weekend away partying. Plus, I have little sympathy for men when they're sick since they, as a species, tend to be sucky. But by Tuesday, he really was feeling terrible and ended up going home from work early in the afternoon.

By Wednesday, with his melodrama up a whole percentage point, I knew he was truly sick and I had to do something.

ADMISSION: Soup is my favourite food and I love to have it for supper. Not true of The Boyfriend.

So, here was essentially the perfect excuse to make us both feel better. I cooked up chicken noodle soup, extra noodles, with celery and carrots and onions. It was quite delicious, even though I ate more than he did. I was also pretty excited to be knocking another task off the list.

My friend K says this list gives my life a bit of purpose since you're always trying to accomplish something, and celebrating when you finally do. I also love lists, so it's a perfect fit.

Yay me!

1 comment:

JILL SMOLINSKI said...

Was "make soup for someone sick" actually on your list? That's such a great one! I may add it to my life list. :) Good luck with the rest.